- Our Website provides you with the dacadoo Health Score and various health, fitness and similar information (collectively the “Information”) compiled based on the details specified by you, such as certain clinical health data, family history and your lifestyle (the “Data”). The Information generated by dacadoo is for information purposes only. The Information is not intended to substitute the expertise and judgment of any doctor, pharmacist or other healthcare professional. Making a reliable medical diagnosis, treating any medical condition and administering any drug therapy require the involvement of independent informed healthcare professionals. In case of any specific questions regarding the treatment and care of a medical condition, you need to contact your professional healthcare provider.
- The form and nature of the Website may change from time to time without prior notice to you. In addition, we may stop permanently or temporarily at any time operating the Website or any features within the Website towards you or towards users generally and may not be able to provide you with prior notice. We also retain the right to create limits on the use storage at our sole discretion at any time without prior notice to you.
- We reserve the right at all times (but we will not have an obligation) to remove or refuse to distribute any Information or Data and to terminate users or reclaim user names. We also reserve the right to access, read, preserve and disclose any Information or Data to the extent we reasonably believe it is necessary to (i) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, (ii) enforce these Terms, including investigations of a potential violation thereof, (iii) detect, prevent or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, (iv) respond to user support requests, or to (v) protect the rights, property or safety of dacadoo, its users and the public. Accounts that are inactive for more than six months may be removed without prior notice.
- You are responsible for safeguarding the password that you use to access your account and for any actions taken by using your password. We encourage you to use “strong” passwords (i.e., passwords combining upper and lower case letters, numbers and symbols). Any liability for any damage arising from your failure to comply with these requirements is excluded. In case you change your email address or forget your password, please notify us at email@example.com in order to recover your account.
- There are limitations on the use of the Website. These limitations comply with legal requirements and aim to protect our users from abuse and to make the use of the Website the best possible experience for all users. We may need to change these rules from time to time and reserve the right to do so. No abuse of our Website will be tolerated. Any violation of these rules may lead to a temporary or the permanent suspension of all related accounts. Accounts created to replace suspended accounts will be permanently suspended
- Unlawful Use: You shall not use the Website or any Information provided for any unlawful purposes or in furtherance of any illegal activities. International users are required to comply with all applicable local laws regarding online conduct and acceptable content.
- Unauthorized Access: You shall not do any of the following while accessing or using the Website: (i) access, tamper with or use non-public areas of the Website (except for your own account), dacadoo computer systems or the technical delivery systems of our providers; (ii) probe, scan or test the vulnerability of any system or network or breach or circumvent any security or authentication measures; (iii) attempt to access or search the Website or any Data by any means (automated or otherwise) other than through our currently available, published interfaces; or (iv) interfere with or disrupt, or attempt to do so, the access of any user, host or network.
- Respect for Privacy of Third Parties: You shall not disclose other people’s health, fitness and similar data without their express authorization and permission.
- No Reproduction: You shall not reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, trade or resell the Website content and its design and look or any Information derived from the Website. You are not entitled to modify or redistribute the Website content and its design and look or any Information or to reproduce, store, link, frame or deep-link it on any other website or in any other medium or format without our prior written consent. Further, you shall not use the Website for commercial exploitation in any circumstances.
- No Malware: You shall not provide any malicious content intended to damage or disrupt another user’s browser or computer or to compromise a user’s privacy.
- All copyright, database right, patent, other intellectual property right, title and interest in and to the Website and any Information (excluding the Data provided by the users of the Website) are and will remain the exclusive property of dacadoo and its licensors. The elements of the Website, including but not limited to the general design and the imagery, and any Information are protected by copyright, trademark, patent and other laws relating to intellectual property rights of both Switzerland and foreign countries. Nothing in these Terms gives you a right to use the dacadoo name or any of dacadoo’s trademarks, logos, domain names and other distinctive brand features. You are permitted to download and print any Information from the Website solely for your own personal use and/or internal business purposes. You are not entitled to use the content of the Website for commercial exploitation in any circumstances. In case you breach the terms of this provision, dacadoo will have the right to claim damages against you which shall include the right to claim special, incidental, consequential or indirect damages and loss of profits.
- Whilst we endeavor to ensure the accuracy of the Information, neither dacadoo nor any of its directors, officers, employees, agents, partners, affiliates and licensors may be held responsible for any omissions or errors of the Information or for any loss or damages which may subsequently arise.
- Any Information transmitted via the Website will pass over public telecommunications networks. dacadoo does not give any warranty or undertaking and does not make any representation that the operation of the Website will be secure, uninterrupted or error free.
- The Website may contain links to third-party websites or materials supplied by or contained on any third-party website which is linked from or to the Website. dacadoo does not accept any responsibility or liability for: (i) the availability or accuracy of such websites or material or (ii) the content, products or services on or available from such websites or materials. Links to such websites or materials do not imply any endorsement by dacadoo of such websites or materials or the content, products or services available from such websites or materials. You acknowledge sole responsibility for and assume all risks arising from your use of any such websites or materials.
- dacadoo provides the content of the Website and any Information in good faith, but your access to and use of the Website is at your own risk. dacadoo operates the Website on an “as is” and “as available” basis without warranty of any kind, whether express or implied, including but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement of any copyrights, database rights, patents, trademarks or any other intellectual property rights in the jurisdiction in which you access and/or use the Website. dacadoo gives no warranty or undertaking or representation for the completeness, accuracy, availability, timeliness, security or reliability of the Website or that the Information is of satisfactory quality, up to date or free from viruses, trojans or other harmful or malicious programs. dacadoo will not be responsible or liable for any harm to your computer system, loss of data or other harm resulting from your access to or use of the Website or for the deletion of, or the failure to store or to transmit, any Data or Information and other communications. dacadoo makes no warranty that the Website will meet your requirements or be available on an uninterrupted, secure or error-free basis. No advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained from dacadoo or the Website, shall create any implied warranty.
- dacadoo and its directors, officers, employees, agents, partners, affiliates and licensors shall in no way be responsible for any decisions you may make based on the use of Website and/or the Information including but not limited to whether or not you choose to seek professional medical care or treatment. You hereby waive any claim you may have or acquire against dacadoo or any of its directors, officers, employees, agents, partners, affiliates and licensors and indemnify and hold dacadoo or any of its directors, officers, employees, agents, partners, affiliates and licensors harmless from any claims, proceedings, costs, special, incidental, consequential or indirect damages and loss of profits relating to your use of the Information.
- dacadoo allows you to register for the participation in fitness challenges among certain or all users of the Website which may be initiated by users (“Challenges”) or dacadoo (“Public Challenges”). By registering, you acknowledge that such participation is a potentially hazardous activity and that you are participating at your sole risk and responsibility. You further acknowledge that you will not make use of means or behave in a way that can reasonably be considered as contrary to the general rules of fairness. dacadoo reserves the right to screen and verify your activity and to temporarily or permanently exclude you from a Challenge or Public Challenge or from Challenges or Public Challenges in general or to suspend or terminate your account in case we reasonably believe that such measure is necessary to (i) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, (ii) enforce any acknowledgements you made, including the investigation of a potential violation thereof, or to (iii) protect the rights, property or safety of dacadoo, its users and the public. In cases where Public Challenges feature prize money, such prize money (less tax and possible other deductions as they may be applicable) will be paid out to the users achieving the best result. The assessment of such best result is separately defined for each Public Challenge. In case of a tie between the achievements of two or more users, the prize money will be equally shared between such users. Any decisions of dacadoo regarding Challenges or Public Challenges are final.
- To the maximum extent permitted by applicable laws, dacadoo and its directors, officers, employees, agents, partners, affiliates and licensors shall not be liable for any losses or direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or punitive damages, including without limitation loss of profits, data, use, good-will or other intangible losses, resulting from (i) your access to or use of or inability to access or use the Website, (ii) the use of any Information; and (iii) any unauthorized access, use or alteration of your transmissions of Data, in each case however they may arise and whether based on contract, tort or any other legal basis, whether or not foreseeable and irrespective of whether dacadoo has been informed in advance about the possibility of such damage.
- The failure of dacadoo to enforce any right or provision of these Terms shall not be deemed to be a waiver of such right or provision.
- dacadoo operates the Website from Switzerland and the Information is deemed to have been delivered in Switzerland. You are only allowed to access the Website if you are entitled to enter into a binding contract with dacadoo and are not a person barred from accessing the Website according to the applicable law. You undertake to access the Website solely in compliance with these Terms and all applicable rules and regulations. The Website is not directed to any person to whom (by reason of such person’s nationality, residence or otherwise) the publication or availability of the Website is prohibited. Persons to whom such restrictions apply must not access the Website. If you choose to access the Website from outside Switzerland you are solely responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws.
- These Terms and the use of the Website shall in all respects be governed by Swiss substantive law. Any dispute arising out of or in connection with these Terms and/or the use of the Website shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Zurich, Switzerland, and you consent to such jurisdiction of and venue in such courts and waive any objection as to inconvenient forum.
- We may revise these Terms from time to time. The most current version will be available on our Website (www.dacadoo.com). Revised Terms shall become effective from the date of publication on the Website. By continuing to access the Website after those revisions become effective, you agree to and accept to be bound by the revised Terms.
Version: Feb 18th, 2013
- Switzerland has a high degree of data protection regulation. The fact that your data is stored on servers located in a professionally managed, secure data storage facility in Switzerland means that your information is processed in accordance with Swiss data protection principles. If you access the Website from a computer located outside Switzerland, your accessing the Website will be considered as your consent to us transferring your data outside Switzerland in order to reach you. If, for any reason, dacadoo will need to transfer any data to any other country without adequate level of data protection, dacadoo will procure that appropriate contractual obligations apply ensuring that your data is protected.
- The database of dacadoo used to process the data has been reported to and registered with the Federal Data Commissioner pursuant to Article 11a para. 3 of the Swiss Federal Data Protection Act dated June 19, 1992.
- In order to create or reconfigure an account, you are expected to provide personal data, such as your name, username, password, personal contact details (address, zip code and location, email address and phone), date of birth, gender, details about any of your previous health concerns or clinical issues, details about your family history, especially relating to health concerns or clinical issues, details about your lifestyle and activities (including underlying GPS data), clinical information and similar data (the “Data”) enabling dacadoo to provide you with the dacadoo Health Score and various information about your health, including a number of potential health risks based on your clinical background and lifestyle (collectively the “Information”).
- When using the Website you consent to the collection, transfer, modification, storage, disclosure and other uses of the Data. Irrespective of the country in which you reside or from where you access to the Website, the Data may be used by dacadoo in Switzerland or any other country of operation.
- The concept of the Website includes the disclosure of the Data provided by you and accessible via the Website to other users or third parties. You decide yourself which Data shall be accessible to others. You can change the privacy settings of your account at any time and thereby determine who will be able to see which Data. The types of Data which may be distinguished are the following: dacadoo Health Score, Profile, Achievements, Friends and Fitness. Sensitive personal data such as weight or blood pressure, are not accessible to others.
- The following types of sharing options are available:
- All: All registered users of the Website will be able to see the Data.
- Friends: Your friends will be able to see the Data.
- Me: Only you as the user of your account will be able to see the Data.
- According to our standard settings, all registered users will be able to see all the above-mentioned Data. You can change the privacy settings of your account at any time, either when you create your account or at any time thereafter.Please note that due to the linking option to other social networks, such as Facebook, your Data may be made available to other persons through your friends.
- Upon request by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to dacadoo ag, Othmarstrasse 8, CH-8008 Zurich, Switzerland, we will notify you of the Data which we store about you. Any exceptions provided by statutory law and the predominant interests of dacadoo or any third parties shall be reserved. You may also request that any incorrect or incomplete Data stored about you be corrected or that the Data stored about you be deleted. dacadoo does not take any responsibility for any consequences of you failing to provide accurate information to us or of you failing to keep it up to date. The Data stored about you and by which you are identifiable will be held by dacadoo unless and until you ask us to remove such Data. This is subject to our retention of Data necessary (a) in connection with any legal proceedings (including prospective legal proceedings), obtaining legal advice or otherwise establishing exercising or defending legal rights; and (b) for medical purposes undertaken by a health professional or any person who in the circumstances is subject to an equivalent duty of confidentiality.
- You can delete your dacadoo account. If you follow the instructions you will find on the Website, your account will be deactivated and then deleted. For up to 30 days it is still possible to recover your account if it was deactivated by mistake. After 30 days, we begin the process of deleting your account permanently from our systems and your account may become non-recoverable. You acknowledge that any content posted by you on the Website cannot be deleted after the deletion of your account. We reserve the right to keep Data to the extent we reasonably believe it is necessary to satisfy any applicable law or regulation.
- Like many websites, we use “cookie” technology to collect additional website usage data and to improve the Website, but we do not require cookies for many parts of our services. A cookie is a small data file created by a web server and transferred to and stored on your computer’s persistent memory. The cookies created by the web servers contain data that uniquely identifies you during your use of the Website. We use session cookies to better understand how you interact with our services, to monitor aggregate usage by our users and to improve our services. Most Internet browsers automatically accept cookies. However, you have the option of using your browser software to stop accepting cookies or to warn you before accepting a cookie from the websites you visit. However, if you disable or choose not to accept cookies, some of the functionality of the Website may be impaired or you may not have access to areas of the Website that require this type of identification.
- We restrict access to the Data to those employees or other parties who need access to such Data in order to provide the services. We maintain appropriate physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect your Data, including firewalls, individual passwords and encryption and authentication technology, and take all other necessary and adequate administrative, organizational, technical, personnel and physical measures to safeguard the same against unauthorized or unlawful processing and use, accidental loss or destruction or damage, theft, disclosure or modification and to ensure its integrity. Please note, however, that data transported over an open network, such as the Internet or email, may be accessible to anybody. We cannot guarantee, and are not responsible for, the confidentiality of any communication or information transmitted via such open networks. When disclosing any Data via an open network, you should consider that it is potentially accessible to others, and consequently, may be collected and used by others without your consent. In particular, while individual data packets are often encrypted, the names of the sender and recipient are not. Even if both the sender and recipient are located in the same country, data may be transmitted via such networks to other countries regularly and without controls, including countries that do not afford the same level of data protection as Switzerland. Your Data and Information may be lost during transmission or may be accessed by unauthorised parties. We do not accept any liability for direct or indirect losses as regards the security of the Data and Information during its transfer via Internet.
- You authorise dacadoo to de-identify your Data and subsequently to copy, process, use, publicly disclose and distribute the Data in anonymized form for academic and statistical purposes. Such anonymized Data shall no longer be considered as “personal data”.
- You authorise dacadoo to receive, review and store technical data (including crash reports) retrieved from the devices you are using to access the Website.
- We reserve the right to disclose Data to the extent we reasonably believe it is necessary to (i) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, (ii) enforce the Terms, including investigations of a potential violation thereof, (iii) detect, prevent or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, (iv) respond to user support requests, or to (v) protect the rights, property or safety of dacadoo, its users and the public.
- Please note that dacadoo uses encryption software that may be subject to export control regulations.
- The following types of sharing options are available:
Version: April 18th, 2012
3 . Payment Terms
Subscription Types and Rates
dacadoo offers different subscription types with different rates, enabling you to choose the subscription which best satisfies your needs. The ordinary subscription period is 90 days. You will get a 10 % discount on the ordinary rates if you subscribe for a period of 180 days. A 20 % discount applies to subscriptions for 360 days. Payment has to be made in advance for the whole subscription period through our Website by credit card or any other means of payment accepted by dacadoo. dacadoo uses qualified payment services to ensure that your payments are secure. Please be advised that no subscription prices paid will be refunded. The subscription rates may be subject to change. Any price changes will be announced on our Website.
|Platform access for 60 days||free|
|dacadoo Tracker application for smartphones||free|
|dacadoo Junior (<12 years)||free|
|Paid Subscription Types|
|Name:||Services included:||Rate per month for 90 days:||Reduced rate per month for 180 days:||Reduced rate per month for 360 days:|
|Junior (<12 years)||Complete system including access to digital scales, BP device, dacadoo Tracker, etc.||Free||Free||Free|
|Teen (13 to 19 years)||Complete system including access to digital scales, BP device, dacadoo Tracker, etc.||CHF 3.00 *
EUR 2.49 *
USD 2.99 *
|CHF 2.70 *
EUR 2.19 *
USD 2.69 *
|CHF 2.40 *
EUR 1.99 *
USD 2.39 *
|Plus (20+ years)||Complete system including access to digital scales, BP device, dacadoo Tracker, etc. plus complete challenge functionality.||CHF 12.00 *
EUR 9.99 *
USD 11.99 *
|CHF 10.80 *
EUR 8.99 *
USD 10.79 *
|CHF 9.60 *
EUR 7.99 *
USD 9.59 *
* The applicable currency (incl. VAT) depends on the country specified at the registration (Switzerland, Liechtenstein: CHF; UK: remaining Europe: EUR; other countries: USD).
Automatic Renewal and Termination
Upon expiration of the subscription period chosen by you, your subscription will automatically and without prior notice be extended by another subscription period of the same duration. The then applicable subscription rate will be charged to your credit card. You are free to terminate your subscription at any time prior to the expiration of the subscription period by deleting the credit card details from your account.
Version: Feb 18th, 2013
4 . Public Challenge Disclaimer
dacadoo allows you to register for the participation in Public Challenges among the users of this website. By registering, you acknowledge that such participation is a potentially hazardous activity and that you are participating at your sole risk and responsibility. You further acknowledge that you will not make use of means or behave in a way that can reasonably be considered as contrary to the general rules of fairness.
dacadoo reserves the right to screen and verify your activity and to temporarily or permanently exclude you from a Public Challenge or from Public Challenges in general or to suspend or terminate your account in case we reasonably believe that such measure is necessary to (i) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, (ii) enforce any acknowledgements you made, including the investigation of a potential violation thereof, or to (iii) protect the rights, property or safety of dacadoo, its users and the public.
In cases where Public Challenges feature prize money, such prize money (less tax and possible other deductions as they may be applicable) will be paid out to the users achieving the best result. The assessment of such best result is separately defined for each Public Challenge. In case of a tie between the achievements of two or more users, the prize money will be equally shared between such users.
- dacadoo & Ergon employees & related families can participate on the dacadoo Public Challenge and compete for the medals but they cannot win any prize money and other prizes.
Any decisions of dacadoo regarding the above are final.
5. Mobile End User Agreement
dacadoo is granting you a non-transferable license for personal and non-commercial use of this software. You shall not sublicense, distribute, lease, loan or otherwise convey the software or any portion thereof to anyone. This license agreement may be terminated at any time. dacadoo and its licensors neither warrant the accuracy nor the accessibility of the software and reserve all other rights. This software may be subject to export control regulations.